cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start kit hasn't arrived - Yodel promises to deliver but don't

jnnrss
Tuning in

I've been waiting for my quick start kit to arrive since 15/12/2021 (originally scheduled for 8/12 but then rescheduled to 15/12). Virgin CS originally told me yodel is experiencing up to 48 hours delay. I contacted yodel CS and they said they'd deliver it 18/12 but it didn't arrive. Is there any where I can get a kit in person in London?

5 REPLIES 5

MatthewS1993
Dialled in

I’d give it a few more days to see if it appears, if not call virgin and ask for a tech visit to happen

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

jnnrss
Tuning in

Me again. Yodel has informed me they have sent the kit back to virgin. Virgin has told me 2 days in a row it hasn't been marked as returned in their system so they can't do anything. Seriously. Is there anywhere I can get a hub myself?

Alas no, it has to be the one which VM setup for you and (supposedly) send out - whatever you do don’t be tempted to buy one on eBay or whatever, they absolutely,100% will not work.

Now, you might want to give some consideration as to whether signing up with VM was a good idea in the first place if this is the level of competence displayed by them and their carrier of choice!

Believe me, I would cancel if I could but VM has said I'd have to pay a cancellation fee and there's no other broadband provisers in my area with comparable speeds. I miss hyperoptic already

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jnnrss 

VM are responsible for the delivery.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-you-or... 

If you bought something from a business to be delivered, it’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the item is delivered to you.

If the seller used a courier, they should chase the courier to find out what’s happened to your order - it’s not your responsibility. 

If you still want your order

Under the Consumer Rights Act, you can ask the seller to deliver the item again if the item wasn’t delivered either:

• by an agreed date
  • within a reasonable time - usually within 30 days
  • If you want to cancel your order

You can cancel and ask for your money back if you don’t get the item either:

• within 30 days of buying it
      • on the date you agreed with the seller - if it was essential to receive it by then (for example, for an event)
      • on the date of the second chance delivery you agreed with the seller

If you're not happy with the seller's response

If the seller refuses to redeliver the item or give you your money back, you can take your complaint further.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali