cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start installation

Vikki90
Joining in

2B6C309D-0F5A-4D2A-BEB8-CB716BDD450A.png

 I’ve just moved home and set up my quick start installation. However I cannot get a connection. I’ve added a picture for reference, my phone can see the wifi however, it’s saying weak security and not connection to the internet. This is happening among all devices in the house. 

13 REPLIES 13

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

weak securiti is apple [mainly] - microsoft now show the same being picky - theres a thread somewhere - have a read

as to not being connected - have you activated the hub - 0800 953 9500 - even if you have do it again

whats colour is the base light on the hub - if its green or green flashing and you have activated the hub you need a tech to sort it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I have activated, the colour on the hub is yellow. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

the base light should be white although it can co from that to cream - yellow is possible and that suggests the hub is connected to the system afaik and you have no devices connected 

are all your devices via wifi - if you have a laptop connect that wired and see if you have a connection - if its only wired devices what do you see in the wif on the phone - can you see the ssid of the hub - the name will be on the label and/or card - if you can see it add the password

if non of that works try a full reset - hold the button a good 30sec and then some - dont turn the hub off just let it sort itself out

post some info regardless if you can get into the hubs interface

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I tried the restart as my laptop is still packed up but nothing. It’s plugged into my tv box but there is 2 arrows on that so I don’t think it’s connecting to that either while wired. 🤷🏻‍♀️

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

post some info off the hub as i asked above

Tony.
Sacked VIP

991AE580-A4D3-4786-BDE9-442E20581C5C.png

The page isn’t loading for me so I can’t get this information  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you connected to the Hub's wifi ?  You need to be connected to get to the Hub's admin pages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yea but there is no internet connection so it won’t load for me 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Vikki90

Sorry this was not as quick as it should be 

How are things looking now 

Have you been able to get this fixed yet 

Gareth_L