Menu
Banikk
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quick start installation pack/engineer

Hi. I signed up to virgin broadband, filled in my details and passed to be eligible to have the quickstart self installation sent out to install myself. Having this sent to a collection point as I'm at work on the earliest day I could have it.

A few days after I set up and checked my account I noticed i had an engineer coming out on the same day. Is this right? I thought the whole point of have the quick start kit was to save having an engineer sent out. Will I be charged for an engineer being sent out?

I've changed the date that the engineer is coming to an earlier date when I'm at home as that was an option just incase one does come. Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start installation pack/engineer

I think the engineer install charge is £35. VM might have seen an issue that does need a tech visit, but...

TBH - I would say that will be money well spent as you will be there at the time of install and so can have all the VM equipment located where "you" want it to be and not where the wall point(s) is already sited. Also if there are issues on the connection (e.g. power levels need balancing, damaged/old wall point, etc) they will do that then and there, and not leave you to discover it later and have to arrange a tech revisit (albeit free).

But your call of course

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Banikk
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start installation pack/engineer

Thanks for the reply

I'll go with the engineer then and see what they say. If it gets the WiFi set up earlier and without any hiccups then happy days 

0 Kudos
Banikk
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer due today

Got my installation self set up (broadband) coming today (sent to a collection point) but also had an email saying that a engineer is coming today.

I'm not sure what the engineer is for as I didn't think it would be necessary with the self set up kit for one to come. Any idea why this is?

Also should I get a text or email with a time of their arrival? All I have is anytime between 7am and 9pm. Surely that can be narrowed down to morning or afternoon at least

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer due today

@Banikk Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Banikk
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies.  Couldn't find the original post.

Is anyone able to help with this? I tried ringing through to chat to someone but its really difficult to get through to a real person due to covid.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Banikk wrote:

Apologies.  Couldn't find the original post.

Is anyone able to help with this? I tried ringing through to chat to someone but its really difficult to get through to a real person due to covid.

Thanks 

You can view all of your previous posts from your profile page here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/793145

The forum team may take a few days to get to this post which doesn't help with your appointment today.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Banikk
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks. I'll give that number a text 

0 Kudos