Menu
yetiandy62
Joining in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick start faceplate?

The cable to the socket is the same as the one to that faceplate though!

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:

If you had TV and cable internet you have the cable point already it looks like this (right box)

wp-1490032608036.jpg

Can you take a photo of what you have and post here

I have two like that plus a third next to them which is a BT master phone connection.

Can the OP post a photo of what he has, I second that.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just a random thought but could it be that the OP had Virgin ADSL broadband via the phone line and BSkyB dish for TV (I know he says VM, but it was a few years ago and anyone's memory can play tricks).

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Magic Roundabout seems more likely!    Smiley LOL

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello yetiandy62, 

Thanks for your post - welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

As some of our Superusers here have advised, there does seem to be some confusion with your current home set up; some pictures would help us identify what you already have in the home. It should look something like the picture apcyberax posted in this thread. 

In order to use our Broadband and TV services, you will need that installing if you do not have this set up. Some drilling may be involved. 

It has been many years since we last offered a dial up connection via a telephone line - and when this was the case, it would have been our own telephone line. I do not believe it was ever offered out once we were called Virgin Media. We have not offered analogue TV for even longer. 

Please feel free to pop us a picture of what you do have installed and we'll be better placed to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Community elder
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hello yetiandy62, 

It has been many years since we last offered a dial up connection via a telephone line - and when this was the case, it would have been our own telephone line.

Not necessarily 'your own telephone line' Katie.  I certainly had a Virgin dial-up modem ... later to become ADSL ... via a BT landline Katie.  Then VM announced that they would no longer support ADSL customers and would transfer them to Talk Talk.  I chose not to go to Talk Talk and VM were able to cable me up which involved closing down my BT landline and substituting it for a VM one.

Electron
Roger_Gooner
Wise owl
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Analogue TV was finally discontinued in Milton Keynes in November 2013, about two years before VM's ADSL service was axed.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
EightBall
Up to speed
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It sounds to me like the feed coming in via your attic is your drop. 

Downstairs, in your livingroom, there is no need for the faceplate you're looking for. The likelihood is that the isolator, along with the 'faceplate' that should cover it is in your attic and your TV/broadband was fed via an internal cable from your attic. Or maybe even under the floor.

If you have had Virgin services before and you haven't removed any cabling then there will be no need to drill anything. 

If your TV is in the same place as it was the last time you had Virgin, look behind it for a screw on F connector that isn't connected to anything. 

0 Kudos
yetiandy62
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

FD47B5DE-A46E-4A5B-A9C9-1EEF01FCD68D.jpegThis is what we now have as I said no face plate just this wire from ceiling!!

0 Kudos
yetiandy62
Joining in
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

CB1839AA-30EE-40C7-97C3-63C70A81C50B.jpegFace plate !!???

0 Kudos