cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick start Hub 3.0 not working

appman999
Joining in

Rejoining Virgin at 200Mb after 4 years. Quick start plugged in (only 2 connections so not hard) and service activated but no internet and continuous flashing green light. Logged into router, it said no RF signal. My Virgin wall socket has 2 connections (It has splitter in it, 1 for TV 1 for FM installed originally back in 1997) so tried both and rebooted router several times. Phoned broadband faults and was told my wall socket was wrong (don't know how they ascertained this without diagnostics) and engineer was required but I have to wait 3 days without broadband. Great start!

Anyway know if wall sockets have changed so much, I thought they were backward compatible.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sound like you cable were pulled out in the street cab or the Hub isnt activated.

Call the activation line and ask 0800 953 9500 (option 3) - or the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734 and tell them you need to have a Tech install - which is perhaps what they have already done.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for that but I had already confirmed activation of the Hub. (Don't know how as it wasn't connecting to the network so I assume it was actually activating the line rather than the Hub)
Decided to try broadband fault line 0800 953 9500 (option 2) again and this time got someone a little more competent who confirmed the line was operational up to my external box. After some to and froing they managed to get my connection up and running.
It appears the old splitters (from NTL days) are not so compatible and do cause some difficulties (don't understand why) so the engineer visit is still on to replace it.
Meanwhile I do have broadband. Moral is don't give up and try a different tech person.