cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick setup install.

squallrz
Joining in

Hello everyone, so I have just ordered my quickstart self-install for my flat is arriving Saturday this week, I`ve checked around property there is a brown box from VM also there is a cable going from that box right near my window but outside. There is one cable runing in my property but it looks quite old , probably from some old services(no idea what). I took some pictures maybe someone else dealt with this before, I just want to know if I`ll be able to get quick install done by my self or do I need to book techician to come and fix it.IMG_6308res.jpgIMG_6309 (1).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not all properties have a socket just a cable. If the cable is from the outside omnibox then it’s the correct one. The QuickStart kits are only sent when the property has had VM in the past. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not all properties have a socket just a cable. If the cable is from the outside omnibox then it’s the correct one. The QuickStart kits are only sent when the property has had VM in the past. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All sorted now, I booked engineer for it.