cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick installation TV cable is wrong connector

Yetiboyuk
Tuning in

Moved house last week, brought existing hub and tivo box with us, quickstep kit arrived. All connectors are good apart from the TV one, it is a white ringed one and doesn't fit the tivo box.

I think it is meant to be a yellow ringed lead/connector.

How can I get it changed? Or do I need a newer TV box?

15 REPLIES 15

It doesnt physically fit, the thread on the tivo box means the cable cannot fit into it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Definitely looks to me that VM are now supplying a splitter with two output cables, one an F type connector for the hub and one a standard coax connector for a V6. They used to supply cables with two F type plugs and a short adapter cable for a V6with a female F socket on one end and a standard coax on the other. The old TiVo box you have has a female F socket.

You need to call customer services for another splitter or wait until a VM staff member gets to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Yetiboyuk

Sorry to hear you have the incorrect equipment 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thank you for those details Yetiboyuk

I have just replied with an appointment time as its quicker to get an engineer out than send the right cables 

Gareth_L

Just wanted to thank the mod team and the engineer that came round to resolve the issue, really pleased.

Hi Yetuboyuk, 

Thanks for coming back to us to confirm all is sorted for you now. 

I will pass on your feedback comments to the people that were able to get things resolved for you. If you have any further issues, pop back here to the Community to let us know so we can help you again. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs