cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick installation TV cable is wrong connector

Yetiboyuk
Tuning in

Moved house last week, brought existing hub and tivo box with us, quickstep kit arrived. All connectors are good apart from the TV one, it is a white ringed one and doesn't fit the tivo box.

I think it is meant to be a yellow ringed lead/connector.

How can I get it changed? Or do I need a newer TV box?

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you take a photo of the kit you're talking about and post it on this thread?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will do that when I get home,  thank you, it would probably make this a lot clearer 🙂

Photos of cable supplied and tivo box

SmartSelect_20210704-131811_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210704-131825_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210704-131847_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210704-131858_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20210704-131910_Gallery.jpg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first two pics show an adapter cable you don’t need for TiVo.

This cable converts co-ax to the input required for the V6 and TV 360 boxes.

You simply require the co-ax cable which was previously used in your old home to connect the TiVo to the co-ax socket.

If you did not bring this with you, you will need to wait here for help from Virgin Media or phone in to get one sent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you. I have the original cable but no way of connecting it to anything as the connector cable supplied uses the only socket.

SmartSelect_20210704-135256_Gallery.jpg

The instructions supplied suggest it should have been a yellow ringed cable.

SmartSelect_20210704-135501_Gallery.jpg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to show a pic of the cable coming from the TV part of the splitter. It should be a co-ax connector that goes straight into the TiVo.

The instructions are for V6 and TV 360 which require the adaptor.

The first two pictures are the TV cable from the splitter. It doesn't fit the TV box.

Edit,I took the picture from the wrong page of the instructions. I think I just got sent the wrong cable. 

SmartSelect_20210704-144801_Gallery.jpg

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…then, assuming that the cable, marked TV, coming from the splitter, is a single cable, without the ability to detach an adaptor cable and create a co-ax connection for your TiVo, you do indeed have the wrong equipment and will need to await the arrival of Virgin Media on this thread or try the phone.

I'm still not sure what the problem is. The cable with the TV label connects from the splitter to the TiVo box. It doesn't matter whether or not it has a yellow ring.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection