Menu
CliveM64
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Quick Start problems

Hi People

First timer here.

I received my quick start hub 3 and v6 box. Followed the instructions to the letter. the hub does not set up. After 2 hours and several power down and power ups, I spoke to the VM helpline. First appointment is next Weds 14th March. 5 days without broadband or Virgin Tv.

My question is can I get Virgin to restart my old equipment?

Many thanks

Clive

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick Start problems

hiya @CliveM64 would be around 3-5+ days for the forum admin to reply, and they wouldn't be able to reactivate your old equipment.. if you had a chat with customer services via 150 / 0345 454 1111 they should be able to do so.. if you upgraded to e.g. 300mbps would need to downgrade
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
CliveM64
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help yesterday.  I rang 151, got my old Tivo relivened but unfortunately couldn't get the old hub working. Wednesday it is for that, but at least we have TV.

Cheers

Clive

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Clive,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your new install.

Let us know how the appointment goes today and let us know if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CliveM64
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I'd let everyone know the outcome as help for others. It turned out I was sent a duff hub. The engineer did not turn up on Wednesday between 1300 & 1800 but did phone me at 1900 to say sorry and they would be out Thursday. A very helpful engineer called James did come out, and after moving my hub and replacing it for another new one and at least four more phone calls I have internet and channels 1-5. James told me what to do, Help - Settings - Network - Connect to Virgin Media. This I did at least a dozen times. So I gave in and called 151 again for the fifth time. A very helpful man finally got me working with my full package after a 50 minute phone call.

So in summary - 5 days after a simple quick -start should have happened, approx. 3 hours in phone calls, an aborted engineer visit on Wednesday, finally working 1900 Thursday I have back my internet, and TV with a new box and Hub. I know of several friends that have had the same problems.

Virgin should send these packages out with engineers to install. I am good with technology and followed the procedure to the letter, but hearing what the engineer said yesterday, it seems all they are doing is going to peoples houses to get these new boxes working.

P.S. I have got some loss of service compensation for which I am grateful, but I have to ask was it all worth the stress to change this equipment out in the first place!!!!

Clive

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Clive, 

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear this has been fixed now but sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to stick around here, we're always happy to help. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos