cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Start Issues

mikef2105
Tuning in

So I've been sent the quick start kit, plugged it all in and the green wifi light is on constantly and the power (base?) light (horizontal light at the bottom) is constantly flashing green.

I'm not sure what the green flashing light is supposed to be telling me - can anyone advise?

The green wifi light suggests the wireless network should be working, but none of my devices (laptop, several phones, tv, xbox) are detecting the wireless network name stated on the hub. 

Can anyone help? I've restarted several times, used the factory reset button but it just does the same thing once its booted up.

18 REPLIES 18

Yes I did but I hadn't actually tried it yet as the hub want working. Just tried and get connection error CS1002 and says 'your hub cannot connect to the Internet'.

@mikef2105 wrote:

Yes I did but I hadn't actually tried it yet as the hub want working. Just tried and get connection error CS1002 and says 'your hub cannot connect to the Internet'.

Ah, does sound like you have a physical connection issue then.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mikef2105 

Double check all your connections as per the following help pages for /virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1002 

It might actually be a problem with your new account - I would either retry the activation line tomorrow  0800 953 9500 and give them the hub serial number, and your account number and area code. (It's possible they've got the wrong details)

You could also try calling  tomorrow on  freephone 0800 052 0422 Option 3 New Accounts & Set Up.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you. Set up all correct. I'll try again tomorrow as you suggest 

Hi @mikef2105,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having some problems with your Quickstart install. Are these ongoing today?

If so, can you ensure that everything is connected correctly and that you've called the activation line as advised by the other members of the community here?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, yes. I've done all that. I have an engineer coming on Saturday so hopefully it will be sorted then.

Hi mikef2105, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating the thread. 

We're glad an engineer was booked for you. Please keep us posted on how the visit goes today. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know so we can help further. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mikef2105
Tuning in

Hi All, 

Just to let you all know this is resolved. Line was disconnected at cabinet. 

Thanks for trying to help!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @mikef2105 

What a carry on. Not a good start, glad to see your finally connected

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali