cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Start Installation arrived - but I don't have a Virgin Media socket

jamjar_22
Joining in

My quick start broadband kit has arrived. I ordered online a few days ago, but I don't recall reading anything about needing a Virign Media socket. At present, I only have the standard BT socket which I have been using with another provider.

Please can anyone assist with online chat preferably, presumably I will need an engineer?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

|Not all properties have a socket.  You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for your advice. Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to phone up. I can't find anything like it.

Cheers.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jamjar_22 

YOu should have a chat  with the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali