cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Coaxial cable length limits

Killacam94
Tuning in

I am a new Virgin Customer looking to have an install within the next 2 weeks. I live in an outbuilding in the Garden. I ideally would like Virgin to bring the Coaxial cable from the house out to this building. 

However wanted to ensure this was possible. Is Coax cable able to reach roughly 20-30m? Even if Virgin are unable to do this, I would be able to pay a private company to, but want to ensure its possible!

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Its not possible for a private company to change/add VM cable.

VM may not want to install in the Garden only in the house but you are free to run Ethernet cable to the Garden...unless this building is a flat and you don't have access to the house then guess VM will install.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Killacam94, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Unless the outbuilding has it's own address, it's likely the engineer will need to install in the address we have on file however saying that, the engineer may be able to run the cable. Usually, there will be a pre-install visit to ensure the cable is fitted ready for install. Speak through your options with the engineer then and if you are unhappy and wish to change things, we can arrange this. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs