cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for current/recent Virgin Media home broadband customers.

kibanjain
Joining in

Hey, so I'm looking at switching from Eir shortly as they're unable to provide speeds greater than 100mb where I live. Siro told me in June that fiber to my door would be available at the end of July. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened and despite emailing them for an update, I have yet to get a response (I can totally understand a delay in improving their network given the times we are in at the moment) Virgin are able to offer me up to 1GB/s, though I'm not sure if I can justify paying €85/month after 6 months and 500 MB/s will probably do just fine. I've also heard their routers aren't capable of providing 1GB/s speeds and I'd need to provide my own router if I wanted to achieve these speeds.

My question is if anyone out there has been charged for going over the fair useable policy with Virgin? Their website states its got a 500GB/month fair usage policy but I spoke with a guy over webchat and his exact words were "thankfully all of our bundles come with completely unlimited usage and no fair usage policy" when I pointed out the website says there is a fair usage policy of 500GB on all their plans he said "Oh no trust me, at home I use waaaayy more than that, and I'm good for no fair usage hahah"

If anyone has any experience with going above this limit i'd be interested to hear from you before making the switch.

2 REPLIES 2

Jonny-M
Fibre optic

I'm not sure you'll find many users on here from the Republic of Ireland, you might have a better response posting on Ireland-specific tech forums.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your post kibanjain,

Welcome to our community!

I'm glad to see you are thinking of joining ourselves too.

As it appears you are posting from the Republic of Ireland I'd have to advise using their contact links here for further assistance.

Thanks,

Kain