cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question - Constant crashes

bruzehual
Joining in

My problem is long term and constantly reoccurring.

I am working/talking to friends. Suddenly they cannot hear me, I can hear them for about 20 sec, internet stays connected but "No Internet Access" (by now I learnt that I should turn ON/OFF the HUB asap to save me 5 minutes, when it does that on its own.

Internet pops back up. Works for random amount of time. This repeats again. Whole hub will be flashing white/green or sometimes icons go red for a second or two then start flashing white/green.

This happens random amount of time during the day. Sometimes 5 sometimes 50 (literally). Longest the internet was like this was for about 6 hours just crashing so much I could not stay online for more than 5 minutes.

I am next to router, literally about 40 cm away nothing in between. All devices crash anyway no matter PC/TV/Laptop/Phone or the distance.

Signal is good. Ping + download + upload are fine. It just either works or doesn't work at all.

If I try cable, it is exactly the same.

Engineer was here 3 times within 2 weeks. It is still the same. He just changed the cable from wall to HUB "because it was tightened too much" although I told him that was what last engineer did because "the cable was too loose" to which he responded "I don't know why they did that" and left. Now I am left hanging with internet that more doesn't work than it works...

Anybody with similar/same experience ?

What would you recommend me to do/try ?

(Just during typing this internet crashed three times. I had to wait for me to get back online to post this.)

1 REPLY 1

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

1. Phone 0800 561 0061 to check that there isn't a current local fault.

2. Set up a free BQM at   https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and post a live link here.  This will show any dropouts to the service.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.