Menu
ShadedAF
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

QNAP NAS Can't connect.

I have just switched from BT to Virgin Media and I am unable to connect to my QNAP TS-453 Pro. I cannot connect via FTP, via the Windows Network or the Administration Page accessed via the ip address. if I ping the IP in command prompt i get 0% loss though.

The NAS shows in the Connected Devices list in the Hub (3.0) and it did briefly browse to the Administration Page one of the times I reset the router but when I reserved an IP address it stopped working again. I have since reset the Hub again and tried to access the Admin page without reserving the IP and it doesn't work, so I'm not really sure what all that was about.

Qfinder Pro detects the NAS on the network, but 

I am unable to alter or change any of the In-Application settings via Qfinder Pro because it reports the username and password combination as incorrect. This is definitely an error as the username and password combination is saved and entered automatically when the login window is prompted. Despite that, I have quadruple checked it and entered more than one account credentials in manually. Sometimes it doesn't even report invalid login credentials, it just infinitely loads then brings the login window back up.

I have set up my old router and made sure that every Ethernet port on the NAS is set to Allow DHCP.

I'm all out of ideas now and would really appreciate any help with this. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: QNAP NAS Can't connect.

The IP address must be on the same subset as the hub, so try something like 192.168.0.8.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
ShadedAF
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I know the ip address, it's 192.168.0.10.  It doesn't connect, that's what this thread is about.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I suggest you try a QNAP forum as there shouldn't be a problem when the server is on the same LAN.

--
0 Kudos
ShadedAF
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Okay. Yes, I have posted a thread about it on the QNAP forums

As the NAS works with all my other routers though, it must be an issue specific to the Hub 3.0...And there must be customers on this forum who own a QNAP NAS and have managed to get it working. I'm hoping they'll see this thread and clue me in

Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a QNAP but do have a Synology which is on a fixed IP address within the DHCP reservation range. From my Windows 10 PC I've mapped network drives to the folders and can easily log onto the server. I suspect that there is something which is simple to fix to sort out your problem  and hopefully a QNAP user can assist.

--
0 Kudos
ShadedAF
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I agree. Fingers crossed I get a reply over there. Doesn't always happen.

If there turns out to be no known fix or at least no fix provided, how well does the Hub 3.0 serve in modem only mode with a third party router? Is that a wise route to go down?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Look at my sig, I have a C8 which is a solid mid-range router which is also easier than the hub for configuring port forwarding, setting IP addresses and reserving the DHCP address range. Furthermore, it doesn't get its configuration wiped out whenever there is a hub update or change.

--
0 Kudos
ShadedAF
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Easier Port Forwarding? What is this wizardry?! xD

Interesting, thank you. I have researched all the available network configurations, modes and settings (Which is a lot!) on the NAS and potential issues with the Hub 3.0 and have come up with absolutely zilch. It's looking more and more like buying a router and using a the 3.0 as a modem is the only solution so I've just gone ahead and bought one. Seems the C8 isn't widely available any more, so I did some research on these forums and some review sites and I went for the TP-Link Archer C1200. We only use the WiFi in bed or in the bath, so (correct me if I'm wrong) there's no point shelling out for anything bigger or better than that. As long as the NAS and all it's servicers works and our Ethernet connections are the best they can be, I'm happy.

Thanks for replying.

(If I do happen to find a fix I'll post it here.)

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ShadedAF wrote:

...how well does the Hub 3.0 serve in modem only mode with a third party router? Is that a wise route to go down?

Yes best to go down that root.

0 Kudos