cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property wrongly labelled unserviceable after nearly 1 year of Virgin constantly changing install date

3monthdelay
Joining in

Hi 

I'm really fed up.  We requested the new Virgin Broadband install last year in around September or even earlier then that. It has been that long. I have lost the amount of times installation dates changed last minute. So after all this out of the blue managed to find out that our property has wrongly been labelled unserviceable. It appears our patch is too expensive to dig but my neighbour a few footsteps away has it!!

I have tried calling pre install team who ask me to hold the line whilst they are investigating but conveniently cut the call. I know this is not accidental as it always happens on every occasion whenever I am put through to a call centre that does not reside in the UK.

Why is it so difficult for Virgin Media to get someone out to discuss with me other alternative options that are cheaper ie looking at a different routing for the cable that is mainly overground with minimal digging??? Every time a contractor came out before pre install- they kept prodding, digging the same spot multiple times and marking exactly the same areas. If they had checked few footsteps away, they would have seen another another area which they could use for the install instead.

Pre install refuse to look at this. No matter how many times I have call they either hang up, refuse to listen or both.  

Please can you get someone out who is not a contractor like an Area Manager or someone with authority to resolve this please.  

If there are any VM customers who have gone through this please let me know how you are dealing with this? This is so stressful.  

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

3monthdelay
Joining in

Virgin media please do deal with this as a priority. Been waiting patiently nearly a year now.  

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@3monthdelay FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on a thread then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. For the quickest response from staff, post once and they will get to you as soon as possible. A weird system I know, but as this is primarily a community forum for users to help users a thread with more than one post is viewed as the community helping and lowers the priority of the thread for a staff response.

Also the “me too” posts on other threads may also be bumping other user’s issues to the bottom of the team’s list.

However as this is an issue that only the VM staff can help with I have escalated it for a staff response. I think the forum staff may have finished for the day so it will probably be tomorrow at the earliest before you get a response.

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 3monthdelay,

Thank you for your post.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been waiting to have our services installed for many months now, I can appreciate this must be quite disappointing and frustrating. Especially after being told that we can no longer service the property.

We are quite limited to how we can help with Pre Installation issues from here, however I will be able to raise a complaint for you and assign it to the relevant team so we can help.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Beth