Menu
JLammy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Property Not Suitable for Service

After an engineer visited last Friday, they determined that my property was not suitable to establish a connection to VM. 

I was then told that customer service would contact me and issue a refund for the £80 sign up fee as well as provide instructions and the means to return VM self start up equipment.

I've since been contacted by customer support who seemed to be under the impression I wasn't home on Friday and missed the engineer. I explained the situation to them and was hung up on. I've also tried to contact VM since and once again been hung up on. 

Any advice since the engineer clearly didn't go through the process of highlighting my property as unsuitable for VM?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Property Not Suitable for Service

Two options...

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up - calling at 08.00 is the best time - this will be quickest.

2. In writing to
Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.
Include dates, name address and all account details and what you expect
Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

Re returning equipment...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
JLammy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Property Not Suitable for Service

Thanks for the tips.

I've actually managed to get it worked out this morning, took a while, but what seems to have happened is the engineer never reported the visit to my property, which led them to believe that I had missed the appointment, causing the meltdown in getting it sorted.

0 Kudos