Menu
chrissilva
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Project Lightning Doncaster

chrissilva_0-1600131792848.png

Anyone have any idea if Virgin Media Fibre is coming to the Bessacar/Cantley area of Doncaster? They've recently installed in Rossington and I read in another forum they are doing Armthorpe. You can see from the Broadband map that there is very little overlap between Openreach and VirginMedia - which makes me think they'll bypass the area. What is weird is that CityFibre has been active in the tiny sliver of green in lower bessacarr that is labelled VirginMedia? Apparently CF have been slowly digging up roads in that area but I haven't seen VM at all.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Project Lightning Doncaster

Hello

From what VM have currently released the 1gbps installs will be completed by end of 2021, VM do no release the dates that it will be coming, they will only advise once the upgrade has been completed, normally with a flyer drop.

Do you currently get / have virginmedia broadband ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
chrissilva
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

chrissilva_0-1600169544661.png

No, we currently don't get VM. However Telewest said they were coming to my area in 1998 but nothing ever came of it. Just wondered if VM will bypass my area now it looks like Opeanreach and Cityfibre will get there first. We'll be the only major part of town without VM if so.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrissilva,

I understand you're wanting to get our services and we would love to have you too however as @DJ_Shadow1966 has mentioned, we'll only know about the places that our Project Lightning Team are working on nearer the time and we don't have access to any plans that far ahead I'm afraid.

I know this doesn't help but we hope we'll be able to service your area in the future.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos