cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with installing hub 4

Kaz11Cedars
Joining in

I had hub 3, no problems. Cant connect hub 4 due to isolater cable not compatible with wall socket.(no wall socket just a cable which says Con 3 with a technitix socket!!)

Rang virgin media & they are sending out new cables! Tried to explain about the cable coming up from floorboards being screw in not push,  & needing an engineer but their not interested  its cables or nothing they can do!! Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Kaz11Cedars wrote:

I had hub 3, no problems. Cant connect hub 4 due to isolater cable not compatible with wall socket.(no wall socket just a cable which says Con 3 with a technitix socket!!)

Rang virgin media & they are sending out new cables! Tried to explain about the cable coming up from floorboards being screw in not push,  & needing an engineer but their not interested  its cables or nothing they can do!! Any Ideas?

The HUB 3 and HUB 4 use the same connector.

Could you post a picture of what you mean?

All you have to do is remove the coaxial cable from the hub 3 and use it to connect the hub 4.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hi Kaz11Cedars, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been having issues connecting your hub 4.  Have you been able to follow the advice from @carl_pearce and @Roger_Gooner ?  They're correct in the advice they've given.  If you're still having difficulties, please could you get back to us?

Regards

Lee_R