cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Yodel Delivery

Alx12
Joining in

Just moved into a new house and made an order for TV/Broadband/Landline to set up myself, waiting for the package to be delivered to set up. 

Message from VM to say dispatched and online says would be delivered to collect plus store on Tuesday. Tracking notification from Yodel has the parcel sat in local (ish) depot where its been since 5am Tuesday morning.

Contacted yodel via their online chat. Keep getting fobbed off with local depot has a backlog apparently now due to weather at weekend. Can't give me any proper timescales but now could be next week!! Previously told it would be 2 days... 

If the problem came from the weekend, why was I told post-weekend it would arrive Tuesday?!?

Apparently also means they've suspended any pick up from the depot because of their backlog.

Not hard to find other people having similar issues so why does this keep happening? How are virgin still using yodel. 

Anyone any ideas how to get them to deliver sharpish? (Or positive resolutions maybe?) I'm expecting it to still be in the depot at Christmas at this rate... 

10 REPLIES 10

RoadRunner358
Tuning in

Hi 

You may indeed to be waiting till Xmas 

My parcel has been sat in the local hub since last Tuesday 30/11

Now the tracking shows delivery “today” and it shows or has shown this status since 1st December 

10 days and counting , or should I say not counting because I am cancelling

Yodel and Virgin have given me the runaround for 10 days 

I sincerely hope you get a good outcome 

As far as I’m concerned I have exhausted all possible solutions even e-mailing complaints at Yodel head office 

Each and every person I have spoke to just tell me what I can see for myself on the tracking …. It is being delivered “today” the problem is … it’s not being delivered and no one is bothered … except me

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Akx12,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear your package has not been delivered yet.

I know this must be frustrating. All dates we do give are estimates and with it being Christmas, delivery services are busy this time of year. 

We are unable to do anything and you will need to reach out to yodel.

Zoie

I feel for you RoadRunner358. There's no legitimate reason why a parcel should be sat doing nothing at a depot for that long. I'll be doing the same as you and going elsewhere because there's no way I'm paying for something I haven't actually got. 

I hope you find some positive resolution for your situation.

Thanks for your reply Zoie.

I have repeatedly contacted Yodel and keep getting the same answers with no explanation. It'll be with you in the next two days. And then its not. I appreciate delivery dates are estimates, but if they can't be met, why is it so difficult to get a revised estimate that is illustrative of the problem. It also doesn't explain why other delivery companies don't seem to be having the same issues.

At the end of the day, my contract is with Virgin, not Yodel, and the fact that Virgin don't want anything to do with it says a lot. To make matters worse, I've just received an email from VM asking me how I'm getting on with my new kit. 

I'm not. I'm working with mobile data and a limited number of Freeview channels (due to the poor reception here) instead. Apparently I should be able to pick up my kit tomorrow, but I doubt it. 

Still being given the run around by Yodel. They changed it to be picked up at the depot before telling me it was only open office hours. Given the depot is 20 miles away and I work full time I'd need to take time off work at one of our busiest times of year.

Just speaking to someone in their online chat explaining this and they cut me off without giving any answers. 

Livid. If the boxes aren't with me by this weekend, I'm cancelling and going elsewhere. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Alx12,

Really sorry to hear that this issue has not been resolved for you, just as previously stated I can understand your frustration with the whole thing.

Once we place the order on our side, it is then up to Yodel to follow through with, have Yodel gave you any alternate options i.e. delivery to the property? 

Kind Regards,

Kain

Not to single you out but I've seen this "once we hand the parcels to Yodel it's up to you to deal with Yodel" line from a few VM staff on here, and that categorically is not true. Customers are well within their rights to not want to bother dealing with Yodel directly and just never start paying for the services if you're not able to get the equipment delivered to them.

Virgin are selecting this garbage courier, you don't get to just wash your hands of the issues it causes.

Thanks for replying, Kain.

I asked one of Yodel's employees if there was any other way to have the parcel delivered, and they changed it to be picked up at the depot (which I didn't confirm I wanted). I've been told maybe four different opening hours for the depot. They don't have a telephone number. And it's a 40 mile round trip for me to get there, so I'd need to know I could pick up the parcel before going. One of their advisors told me the opening hours for the depot pick up were office hours, and, as I work full time, I would need to arrange with someone else to pick it up on my behalf. Again, I need some certainty before asking family/friends to go to a depot some way away as a favour (which they would, but I don't want to inconvenience them any more than having them go). 

I have spent the whole week seeing Yodel's tracking move the date at which the parcel would be available for collection to the next day. Every morning I would check and it would be available to collect the next day. 

Every time I spoke to them it was 'you can pick it up tomorrow', and there was nothing else suggested to resolve the situation.

Anyway, I've now cancelled, so I wish you the best of luck getting the starter kit back from Yodel. I'm sure it will be available 'tomorrow'. 

Honestly Jonny, this is really the main reason I decided to cancel. Parcels get delayed, depots have issues, but I'm not going to pay for a service with a company that doesn't seem interested in providing customer service when things do go wrong. I apply that to both Yodel and Virgin.

Having just moved I've been dealing with a lot of services and deliveries, and I did recently have issues with another delivery of an item I'd ordered. The service I received in response was light years ahead of this, and perhaps that's worked against VM in this case. And they didn't tell me to go and contact the delivery company, they apologised and said it wasn't the kind of service they would expect when the delivery company was representing their brand. They also said they would take it up with the courier.

If I don't receive the equipment needed, I'm not getting the service that VM agreed to supply me with. You still have some responsibility there, as I said, my contract was with VM.