cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems then Green Screen

mom33
Tuning in

Hi, 

I'm pretty fed up of the issues I'm having.  My landline hasn't worked in a while, my Internet being intermittent and my tivo box seems to have died and not had telly all yesterday and today no different.

I got the Green Screen today saying it will try and fix itself....it doesn't seem to be working..

Just seems to be re-booting and back to Green Screen. 

I've not got time to call as I work at hospital and have to leave soon. 

Is there anybody on here who can help me out with this please as I'm really fed up and it's an ancient TIVO box as I have been a customer for a number of years. 

Thank you in advance for any help. 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi mom33,

Sorry to see you are having issues.  It seems you have the green screen of death and will need a box replacement.

It's not the words you want to hear, but the quickest method is using the phone unfortunately.

That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or around tea time.

You should also report your landline not working at the same time.

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Forum Staff may pick this up for you but it can take a couple of days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mom33

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry for the issues that you've had with all of your services, I have been able to locate your account and can see that you had a technician visit today.

Have your issues now been resolved by the visit?

Regards,

Steven_L

dominic5948
Joining in

Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same issue from last couple of days, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue.

Please help me out.

@dominic5948 wrote:

Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same issue from last couple of days, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue.

Please help me out.

then start your own thread - you are likely to get quicker response

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for your post dominic5948, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the set top box. 

Sadly, I've been unable to find your account, but if you can run a few diagnostics for me. 

-Can you please advise me if you've been able to try using a different HDMI cable running from the set top box to the TV?

-Can you also tell me if you've been able to try plugging the HDMI cable into a different port on the TV?

-Is it also possible to see if an different result can be achieved on an alternative TV? Do you have any other devices that struggle to gain a picture? - DVD player, games console etc...

It would also be worth ensuring that the coax cable in finger tight in the back of the set top box and in the white box inside the property.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hiya, 

I rang and an engineer came out Thursday.  

Very pleased with service.  Nice polite chap, straight swap for a V6 box and sorted my phone line which turns out the number hadn't been ported over correctly when I moved house.  

Alls working great now, thanks. 😀

Thanks for the update mom33,

Pleased to hear all is now well with the services, and the engineer was good ambassador for the business.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn