cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem registering on My Virgin Media

m1ndgames
Joining in

Hi, have just signed up. Awaiting package. Tried to register my account with My Virgin Media but the system won't allow any password I try. And I mean ANY, including Google's suggested.

Can anybody help or point me in the direction of someone who can? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

ATise786
Joining in

Hi I am having the exact same issue - it does not accept any password i set even when it shows the password meets the complexity requirements

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @m1ndgames, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that registering for your self-care account has been a struggle. 

Can you please advise me if you've attempted to use an alternative browser, or cleared the cache on the browser you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi @David_Bn

No, I haven't done either. Not convinced that's the issue as I've had exactly the same problem when trying to do it via the mobile phones of mine and my partner's. 

As it stands, I'm waiting for the extremely poor 'Customer Service' (?) team to come back to me. After a lengthy and almost laughable* WhatsApp conversation on Tuesday morning,  they raised an IT ticket assuring me of contact within 24-48 hours. It's now 54. 

My package has just arrived within the last hour. Not entirely sure whether to open it or not or just send it back.

Thanks anyway.

Mike

*They were sorting it manually but then couldn't because it needed a different email address and I wanted to use the same as I'd registered with. They could also only do a very weak 8-10 character password using letters and numbers only. All astonishingly amateurish.

Update - I have since tried another browser. Same issues

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @m1ndgames,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues registering to My Virgin Media. Just to confirm, have you been installed yet? If you haven't been installed, you would not be able to access the My Virgin Media platform just yet.

You will need to have been activated for at least 24-48 hours before registering. This is because the My Virgin Media platform is mainly for Billing and Account-related information/changes.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

Hope that's true. If it is, maybe someone should tell the support and social media teams. Could save a lot of issues and time.

Planning on installing tomorrow. Will try registering 24-48 hours after that and see.

Thanks for your help.

Mike