cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous tenant has not cancelled their broadband

DGum
Joining in

I ordered my new broadband a week ago and it hadn't been processed yet due to the previous tenant not having cancelled their broadband, thus preventing my order moving forward.

I chased this up yesterday and spoke to 2 members of your team who both explained the above. I was told that they would attempt to contact the previous tenant and get back to me within 2-3 hours.

I am still waiting on a call back from either of them regarding if they did manage to contact the previous tenant or if an alternative process would have to be followed in order to move forward.

I am WFH and am having to use annual leave whilst without internet so need this resolved asap.

Thanks,

Danny

3 REPLIES 3

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your patience. The process normally takes around 72 hours to complete at which point we can process your order and get a self install kit out to you asap. We apologise for the delay however it wouldn't be appropriate to disconnect an active account with checking in with the account holder.

Once again, thank you for your patience, we are working as fast as we can on it for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks for the speedy reply Jon and I totally understand that you can't just disconnect an active account.

Just to confirm, the 72 hour timeframe, is that from now if they haven't been able to contact the previous owner and it takes 72 hours for the disconnection process to resolve, at which point the order will be sent out and I'll have a connection shortly after.

Or, is 72 hours the amount of time required when attempting to contact the previous tenant before the disconnect process can begin?

Cheers for your cooperation on this,

Danny

Hi Danny,
I will contact the team looking after this for and try to obtain a specific time frame for you and come back to you privately once i have that information.

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more