cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous provider

Magsav68
Joining in

I would like Virgin to contact my previous provider, Talk Talk to terminate my service with them. Is this possible please?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No - only you can terminate a contract with another company.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I no longer have a contract with them. It ran out sometime ago. I am on month by month. When I contacted them they said my new provider can request them to cease their service.

The only time that VM will contact your previous provider is if you transfer your phone number and VM will ensure that it's cancelled.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hello Magsav68,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forum in regards to your previous provider and to cancel the services, we appreciate you taking the time to raise your query and welcome to the community.

As other members of the forum have already advised this isn't something we can do for you, due to data protection we wouldn't be able to speak to Talk Talk (or any other provider) to request a cancellation of service as this is an account holder only action.

We are able to contact them if you were looking to transfer a landline number over to a new Virgin Media account and once transferred this would cancel that particular service, but we aren't able to do this with other services customers may have with them.

If, as you have advised you are no longer in a contracted term with them, they should just require 30 days notice.

Rob