cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepull delays & confusion

kieronapple
Tuning in

We placed our order to be installed on our new build property (not a new estate) back in early June, got told we would be installed within 3 weeks.

Get told we would be installed on the 29th June, a guy comes out tells us he needs to send out a team of guys to dig & he will be back before 7pm to install, nobody turns up that day. Then we’re left in the dark, nobody contacts us to keep us updated so we have to ring up and spend 3 hours being disconnected constantly to find out what’s going on.

We get told someone needs to come do the prepull before the installation date of the 13th July, only for someone to turn up and say “we can only dig up to 3m and we need to dig 6m” - WHY was this not spotted on the 29th June??

We’re now have to wait for the council to approve the work on the pavement. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re not installed still in August.

it’s such a shame that a company so far ahead of competition in terms of speed is so far behind in terms of support & communications.

it’s been over a month since our order & we have a few coloured drawings on our pavement to show for it. Not good enough

23 REPLIES 23

Z92
Trouble shooter

Council work can take upto 8 weeks regardless of how much they have to dig so I would expect beginning of September before you are installed.

As for "so far ahead of competition in terms of speed", we'll if depends where you are. There are alternatives in some locations. 

Problem still stands that they’ve sent out 2 separate people over 4 weeks & it took a third to realise they will have to dig, it’s not good enough. Why promise a date if they know they can’t stick to it

Dates are typically estimates until they have actually come out and checked, and they are not going to do that until they have a firm order.

My installation day was beginning of March but they didn't have manage to connect me until middle of May. It wasn't helped by the fact that when the workmen came out they did the wrong house 🤣

Just had a message to say they wont be installing us until 06/09/21 Virgin Media are a joke. I dont care if they have to wait for permission from the council, thats not my issue. 

My issue is the fact its took them over a month and 3 different people to the property to decide that they need to do a little bit extra digging.

Got told I've been put on a "priority list" which is obviously a complete lie, if not I feel bad for the people who aren't on a priority list, you wont be getting installed this year! 

Really regret ordering with Virgin now. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have just went with a slower speed. I work from home and I am having to use a 4g router from Three which is costing me 30 pound a month with horrible speeds, I desperately needed this installation done ASAP as my occupation requires a good stable internet speed.

Absolutely disgusting from Virgin. Stay away if you're reading this and considering ordering!

Hello kieronapple

It's really disappointing to hear of the delays to your installation, it's certainly not the experience we want for any of our customers.

From the information you have provided it does appear that this is due to us waiting on permission from the local authority to carry out some additional work. Once raised we then can only wait for the permission to be granted and a crew arranged to carry out the work. Depending on the work required this may require a 2 man crew which is harder to allocate and can cause further delays.

It does sound as though the install team are aware of the experience and delays and working to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible ensuring the earliest appointments will be used once permission is granted. We appreciate it's frustrating and again apologise for the experience.

Rob

It's more of the fact they sent 3 different people out, all saying 3 different things (One saying they will install it same day!!) And it took that third person to decide they're gonna need to dig.. If the first person would have decided this, we would likely be getting installed end of this month, instead I need to work from home on extremely slow internet until September.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kieronapple,

Thank you for coming back to us about your install issue. I completely understand that this is not ideal. Our construction team is doing their best working as fast as they can to have your services installed.

You can give our Pre-Install team a call on 08000521734 to discuss this issue further, as they will have further information about your install and at what stage its at.

Please keep us updated on this if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So today we had some people come out and have dug 2 big holes & left them open with virgin media barriers around them.

This happened exactly where the drawings were on the pavement so I can only assume this is our pre-pull.
I've just rang up to see if anyone knows if this is infact our pre-pull, only to be told "We can move your pre-pull date back" - Not the question I asked, asked the same thing twice, same answer.

IS that my pre-pull being done & if so, when will my installation be done?
I can't believe how bad the communication from Virgin is.

@kieronapple,

I've not been able to locate your details, so will pop you a PM now so I can check this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs