cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre pull/installation

benbass2
Tuning in

Hello, I have had a pre pull appointment which was rolling for a few days and has disappeared. Does this mean it has been completed? I was lied to once already by VM when i called so not interested in speaking to them again. My install date is on the 1st of Novemeber. There has been no change outside my property so I have no idea if anyone did anything. Please advise as I'm getting worried that the install date won't be honored!

23 REPLIES 23

LittleMick73
Superstar
I'm afraid only virgin can answer this question

Absolutely. To be clear I want an answer from VM in writing on this forum as on the phone I was not told the truth. Thanks 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You won't get that answer here because the staff aren't able to see the state of your installation.

There should be some evidence of the cable pull outside the house. If nothing has changed it hasn't happened. Do you know if any digging was required outside the property?  Any green parkings on the pavement?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @benbass2 

Did you manage to speak to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 as they should have more info than Customer Support?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi benbass2,

Thank you for reaching out to us inn our community and welcome, sorry to hear you hadn't hear anything in regards to your pre-pull, I have managed to locate your account and can see no changes in the install, have you heard from the technician?

Regards

Paul.

The technician arrived today, was told a new cable would need to be installed as the current one was about 30 years old and had degraded. Not heard anything yet about an appointment. He told me he would call me when he received an email back from his boss on the date. I'm very unhappy as I feel this should have been taken care of in the pre pull.... The technician told me if they see a wire then they leave but they don't check if it works. 

They have now scheduled another pre pull appointment. Problem is they scheduled the pre pull 3 days after the new engineer installation date. I'm laughing at this point... but also this is really getting messy and I now have to wait 2 more weeks...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry for the inconvenience Benbass2,  please keep us posted with how the pre pull goes.

Zoie

Hello,

I have a service request booked but was told on the phone this would be another "pre pull". I told them that the engineer said a new cable needed to be laid but was unable to confirm with them that this would happen. As I am without Internet I need to know if the work will be carried out or if people will show up and see there Is a cable already connected and just leave like last time! 

Please confirm this. 

Thanks