cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-pull delays since November 2021

Hanid14
Tuning in

Hi,

is anyone also here able to help with my delay as you have above please? I have been waiting since November 21.

the first half of the prepull seems to be done bringing the cables from the cabinet at the end of the road to outside my property but I still need the external box installed and internal installation done which keeps getting delayed every week. 

thanks

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Hanid14 wrote:

Hi Tony,

thanks for the quick reply.

i believe you have provided me with the preinstall team number. I have had numerous contact with them and never get anywhere. All they provide is the installation was delayed and an engineer is due to come out but they never do and then the installs get pushed back another 2 weeks. I have spoke to pre install, construction and customer service teams and no one has information.

The first part of the job was done over 6 weeks ago so I thought there was finally going to be progress but does not look like it.

i have raised various complaints and also get nowhere and told my case is an urgent case but again its just always delayed. 

i asked about this in the background and got the following reply - it seems VM are pulling out all the stops and managing to do very little

As our team have already advised on the thread, they can see that this is being chased by another team in the background and the AFM has been contacted. The team are awaiting an update and the customer will be contacted once there is something to tell them.

if the cable is in place from the cab to the front of the garden its hard to imagine that its taken 6 weeks so far to get a tech there to connect it up - but there you go hopefully the OP is getting compensation at whatever for all the weeks he has waited

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Hanid14 wrote:

Hi,

is anyone also here able to help with my delay as you have above please? I have been waiting since November 21.

the first half of the prepull seems to be done bringing the cables from the cabinet at the end of the road to outside my property but I still need the external box installed and internal installation done which keeps getting delayed every week. 

thanks

if the cable pull has been done then it seems odd that they have not done the next bit - only reason that i can see is lack of available techs - try here 0800 0521734

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

i believe you have provided me with the preinstall team number. I have had numerous contact with them and never get anywhere. All they provide is the installation was delayed and an engineer is due to come out but they never do and then the installs get pushed back another 2 weeks. I have spoke to pre install, construction and customer service teams and no one has information.

The first part of the job was done over 6 weeks ago so I thought there was finally going to be progress but does not look like it.

i have raised various complaints and also get nowhere and told my case is an urgent case but again its just always delayed. 

@Hanid14 wrote:

Snip….

and told my case is an urgent case ….. snip.

And that part, alas was an outright lie, oh not that they didn’t say it, I’m sure that they did, it’s just that nothing special has or will be done on your behalf. But it got you off the phone so they can move onto another customer - which is the important thing.

Cynical? Moi! 

Hi there @Hanid14, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your installation being delayed, I can certainly understand the frustration with your services not being installed as expected.

I have checked our system and can see that you are in touch with our team about this already so they would be best suited to advise on this matter further.

Please let us know if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Nathan_B wrote:

Hi there @Hanid14, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your installation being delayed, I can certainly understand the frustration with your services not being installed as expected.

I have checked our system and can see that you are in touch with our team about this already so they would be best suited to advise on this matter further.

Please let us know if you need anything further.

Regards

Nathan

but does the OP say he has rung all numbers - waved flags and sent smoke signals and gets no info so with respect what is the point in sending him back to the same people who todate have told him nothing - maybe bypassing that dead end and looking into it from here would be a step forward

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Praise the lord for common sense. You sir are spot on, have hit the nail on the head, itch the spot perfectly. We need more people like you! 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Hanid14 wrote:

Hi Tony,

i asked about this in the background and got the following reply - it seems VM are pulling out all the stops and managing to do very little

As our team have already advised on the thread, they can see that this is being chased by another team in the background and the AFM has been contacted. The team are awaiting an update and the customer will be contacted once there is something to tell them.

if the cable is in place from the cab to the front of the garden its hard to imagine that its taken 6 weeks so far to get a tech there to connect it up - but there you go hopefully the OP is getting compensation at whatever for all the weeks he has waited

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony,

Thanks you very much! As you mentioned before i have exhausted every other option and heard no update so I thought i would give the forum a go as i saw some people chased up on the issue here. I even had someone contact the friends and family support team but to no avail.

i was told last week someone would contact me once they find out more information so I guess i have no option but to wait again. 

will post when i have an update.