cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-installation

KrisLeach7
Tuning in

Hi, please can someone give me the pre-installation teams number please.

i arranged for an installation between 1 and 6pm today. I got a confirmation text 2 days ago confirming this installation appointment. I’ve driven just under 2 hours to be here for this appointment and no one has turned up. I called the 0345 454 1111 number and they couldn’t put me through to the pre-install team who apparently cancelled my appointment today without telling me due to a problem on their end. Please can I get the number for their team and I am awaiting a call back from them at the moment but I have zero confidence in it actually happening.

kind regards,

Kris

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Pre-installation and delivery team are on.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank you for the quick reply John, I’m on hold with that number waiting tor someone now

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Problem is... it it outside normal working hours.. chances are the phone is on divert to "offshore CS" where all you will get is gobbledegook and info saying you need to upgrade your package 🙂

If that happens try again tomorrow between 09.00-10-00 -- or Monday after 08.01

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Oh no much worse…

It says on my file that the pre-installation team had deemed my property unserviceable and had not only cancelled my appointment but also cancelled my account. I asked for compensation for the fuel that I wasted due to driving 2 hours here and back for my appointment, but and this is the best bit, they said that they can not issue compensation as I do not have an active account! Just brilliant.. so no service and out £50 for the fuel and wasted day.. love it…

Thank you for your help at least John. The only person that actually was able to help me today!

@KrisLeach7  yes I know, really annoying but as this is a domestic / non residential setup, there isn’t, and never has been any compensation for out of pocket expenses - as some people in the past have found who have relied on such a connection for their home business and email and discovered that there is absolutely no compensation for any losses incurred because of an outage, other than the £8 or so a day for loss of broadband. Alas since you were never connected up and hence never had a contract, even that is denied you!

Still, at least you know where you stand and might want to take it on board, should you ever consider using VM as a supplier in the future, or indeed, be asked for your opinion of them by another potential customer.