Menu
Kittenxx84
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre-installation

I have recently moved into a new house and currently have no internet, requested VM on 26th April and was originally given a date of 11th May for installation. There was a further scheduled appointment on 10th May which I assume is a cable pull? I authorised work to be done outside my house by text on 27th April.

there is a black VM box in the pavement outside and the engineer came on 11th and explained that they need to run a cable from that box to the house.

I've had a new date of 26th May. Was told they were awaiting possibly awaiting a permit but reassured me it would be done on this new date or earlier if possible.

im trying to work from home, I have two children who do their homework online.

I am extremely worried there will be another delay given some of the previous posts.

I have no other option for broadband services as I would need to start a new contract due to moving home.

Any further update on the progress of my install would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-installation

Do you have a reasonable 4G signal there? 

You can get unlimited data for £20 or less a month. It may not be as fast as Virgin but is a useful standby. 

0 Kudos
Kittenxx84
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It’s ok, but with myself working and two children streaming/video calling it is not reliable from one hotspot 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The bad news is that if permission is required from the Council it can take several weeks. The date estimates from Virgin staff often bear no relation to the actual time it will take. They are intended to keep you hanging on instead of getting a quicker connection elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Kittenxx84
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well that doesn’t fill me with hope lol

0 Kudos
Kittenxx84
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The last two days I’ve had a separate service request for broadband on the app (so I have one service request and one installation). Does this mean the permit has been obtained and I am just waiting on the work to be done out the front?

install is due for 26th?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kittenxx84,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any delays in getting this resolved. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to advise further regarding this. 

What I will do is private message you so we can discuss this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos