cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre installation / installation

500chrisjones
Joining in

Hi all, don't know if anyone can help. I'm a bit confused re what happens with installation of virgin media. I'm a new customer who is having it put in a house ive just bought. We've not moved in yet.

Install is supposed to happen this week but I went around the house this week and someone has connected a cable from the street to the brown access point box, is that the pre installation? I knew nothing about it. But anyway the cable is barely long enough, it just about reaches and is taut and off the ground in the front garden. It can't stay like this, it's a mess and a trip hazard. I can't believe anyone would think thats job done. Would that get sorted at installation? Or is that something I need to get sorted first with whoever did it. 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding and apologies for this not being sorted.

The technician was correct in stating we'd need a contractor to carry out the brickwork issue however what we can do is book a technician to get that cable reburied.

I'll send you a PM to iron out a few details with you which you find with the purple envelope at the top, responses may differ in timescale over the Christmas period as I have some time off however when I can respond we will get this issue resolved as quick as possible

Thanks,

Kain