cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-installation Issues

Zak2
Joining in

Hi there, 

I originally took out VM broadband back in the middle of August 2022, and shortly after I was notified that the pre-installation work could not be completed as there was a blockage in the trench in the road. 

Since August, I have had 8 installation appointments, each being cancelled the day or so before and rescheduled.

I have received no updates, no explanation to why the blockage cannot be resolved or what is happening, I never see any work being completed on the street and every time I call Virgin Media, I get told "The next installation date is the confirmed, all work will be completed by that point" and then as expected, the appointment is cancelled.

Is there any way to actually speak to someone who knows what is going on? I even lodged an official complaint and had no response from that either...

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Martin,

I called VM last week when the installation date was the 27th of February, and they stated essentially that the pre-installation work was being looked at due to a blockage. This is the same information I was told nearly 6 months ago and again I was told the Feb 27th is going to happen.

Then a few days ago I got the usual reschedule email to the middle of March.

On a side note, I seen in the contract section of my account, a second revision is now showing starting from March 14th?

Thank you for that information. I am happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin