cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-installation Issues

Zak2
Joining in

Hi there, 

I originally took out VM broadband back in the middle of August 2022, and shortly after I was notified that the pre-installation work could not be completed as there was a blockage in the trench in the road. 

Since August, I have had 8 installation appointments, each being cancelled the day or so before and rescheduled.

I have received no updates, no explanation to why the blockage cannot be resolved or what is happening, I never see any work being completed on the street and every time I call Virgin Media, I get told "The next installation date is the confirmed, all work will be completed by that point" and then as expected, the appointment is cancelled.

Is there any way to actually speak to someone who knows what is going on? I even lodged an official complaint and had no response from that either...

11 REPLIES 11

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

In my experience the short answer is No, there is not, and they don't care.

I have been waiting since october, and i don't even know what the problem is, I just have an access point with a rope in for the last four months, and 5 moved appointments.

Advice is document everything, and then be firm about making sure you get the compensation when they either cancel or finally enable you, plenty of info on here.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Zak2 wrote:

Hi there, 

I originally took out VM broadband back in the middle of August 2022, and shortly after I was notified that the pre-installation work could not be completed as there was a blockage in the trench in the road. 

Since August, I have had 8 installation appointments, each being cancelled the day or so before and rescheduled.

I have received no updates, no explanation to why the blockage cannot be resolved or what is happening, I never see any work being completed on the street and every time I call Virgin Media, I get told "The next installation date is the confirmed, all work will be completed by that point" and then as expected, the appointment is cancelled.

Is there any way to actually speak to someone who knows what is going on? I even lodged an official complaint and had no response from that either...

Six months is certainly a long wait but the record on here is claimed to be 13 months for the longest installation delay.

Who are you talking to when you make enquiries - the regular VM support no's or a different point of contact? There is a pre-installation and delivery team number 0800 052 1734 which is often quoted on here for such issues but reports on here often state they are as clueless and unhelpful as any other points of contact.

Hopefully you are keeping good records of all your dealings with VM for any compensation due

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

Most important is the installation/activation date initially confirmed in writing when you first placed your order. This is the date any compensation claim should start from.

Thanks for the information, surely there is some better way to contact VM for issues like this?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virginmedia have a basic principle of making it as difficult as possible to contact them with problems.

This is something you have to accept when you become a Virginmedia customer. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zak2
Joining in

I also raised an official complaint on 25th of Jan and haven't even heard anything back from that yet. Over 6 months waiting and not a single contact from VM with any update

Zak2
Joining in

Tried calling VM again, still no one that can give any help on how to resolve this

At this point I'd have totally lost faith in the whole process and be looking to my options.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Look for another service, but don't cancel Virgin. Just watch the compensation counting up every day. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Zak2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the delay with your install. 

When did you last contact into the team and what did they advise specifically?

^Martin