cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre install

HolyerThanYow
Joining in

Hi

I ordered broadband on the 19th of March, I received a txt asking if it was OK to carry out external work on 22nd of March I confirmed, I then recieved another txt on the 1st of April asking to keep my appointment to get connected on the 4th of April I replied keep, my partner waited in all day and no one showed up I then rang the team on the 5th of April and I was told the external work wasn't done and that someone would be out that day same again no-one  turned up same again on the 6th and 7th of April I was then told the external work would done today nobody is her doing external work and I am start to lose trust that this will be done any time soon I would really like to know why it is taking so long I can see other virgin media customers on my WiFi so I know the cabling already exists around here can any one help me out here 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately you are in the same position as many other potential virgin media users waiting for their connections. If you read down this forum you will see that it's a very common problem, and there is no way of speeding up the outside work. 

Are there any alternative high speed Internet providers in your area? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately you are in the same position as many other potential virgin media users waiting for their connections. If you read down this forum you will see that it's a very common problem, and there is no way of speeding up the outside work. 

Are there any alternative high speed Internet providers in your area? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yes there are I feel like I am going to have yo ho to sky I already have a phone socket so no external work required maybe just an updated socket and a router 

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HolyerThanYow

Sorry this is taking longer than expected 

Have you have any more updates since your last post?

The pre installation work is always booked in on a day by day basis 

When we have a Crew in the area they will attend and complete any external work 

Can I just ask what date the actual installation is booked in for?

Gareth_L

The external work was booked in for the 14th it is now the 18th and noby has been out to do any external work

The installation date is booked in for the 21st which Thursday, if nobody comes out to do external work I am going to be given a new date, honestly mate idk why phone line has been phased out I could ring a provider a couple of years ago and within days I would have Internet now it takes over 2 weeks we have gone backwards yet fibre is the better option I don't agree at all 

Hi @HolyerThanYow thanks for your post although I can appreciate your frustrations.

I'm going to send you a PM to discuss this in further detail, so I can look to raise a complaint for you on this matter to try and get this resolved.
Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Apparently I'm too expensive broke the customer budget as there is too much work involved in putting a line to my property when people round here already have virging I can see the little plastic triangle greats all down the streets and even pick some up on my WiFi adapter 

Hi 

Im the same. My property wrongly deemed unservicable as not in their budget and they are unwilling to look at other options. I was waiting nearly 1 year for the installation!!!!

Wow a whole year these guys really are a joke it doesn't make sense because there are so many virgin media customers on my street the little plastic great things up and down paths virgin boxes on people's walls so frustrating to be told you can't have it when clearly it's available in your area 

Hi @HolyerThanYow,

Thank you for coming back to us. I do apologise that we were unable to install our services at your address. We are working on expanding our network and I do apologise that we're unable to complete this install at this time. 

If there's anything else we can help you with today, please let us know. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs