cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-install headache

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our pre-install process has been a bit of a nightmare, and I see that unfortunately, that's not uncommon. 

We originally opened an account on Feb 3rd, under my partner's name and purchased broadband. We called in to change the install date as we realized we had mistakenly booked for an early March install, rather than early Feb. The agents were helpful & I did have to create a new account under my own name.

A few days later, I called in and had the account fully transferred over to my name/set up. The agent told me that due to there not being a previous Virgin Media line at this address, some outside work needed to be completed prior to the installation date. They assured us that no one needed to be home during the external work, but that the contractors would let us know when the work had been completed. They also set a provisional engineer install date for Feb 24th, but assured me that this could be moved up as soon as the outside work was complete.

As it turns out, we were NOT told when the outside work was complete, despite being told by a previous agent that we would be contacted before/after by the contractor team. Therefore, we were not able to call as soon to inquire about moving up our installation date, and at the point that we did, no earlier slots were left available.

Fast forward to today, our install date, and our engineer (who was genuinely empathetic, helpful and knew what he was talking about, unlike most of the staff I've spoken to, who were kind but did not give me accurate information) shows up only to find out that our outside work was completed ON A NEIGHBOURING HOUSE, one street over from our address. So now we're left wondering when the contactor team will actually show up and fix their mistake, and when we can finally have our broadband up and running.

Obviously, at this point, we are extremely frustrated by this situation as it feels like we’ve been told different things by each person we speak to, not to mention the huge mistake made with the outside installation (how do you not triple-check an address before installing something on their property??). A terrible first impression as new customers, but at this point, it feels like we're too far in to just change providers (and a lot of the other options are just not financially feasible for us at the moment). 

Does anyone know the best way to get some kind of compensation/credit for this absolute headache? We're not usually the type to complain about poor service, but this has been next-level frustrating. Appreciate any help/insight anyone can provide.  

EDIT: the outside installers did arrive and it looks like the situation is resolved. Still frustrated with the whole process but hey ho at least that's us sorted (knock on wood). 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Welcome to Virgin Media where friction is just part of the standard operating procedure

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've has a poor installation experience and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. When you say your situation is resolved, do you mean you're now fully installed? Or do you mean the external works have been completed, to enable your installation?

Regards

Lee_R

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! We're now fully installed luckily.