cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-construction delays

mulroys
Tuning in

Moving House Issue

Moved house on the 25th June, having ordered my Virgin Broadband move previously. Installation team turned up on the Saturday as advised, only to be told there were pavement issues and the construction team were required.

Since then we have had multiple dates provided and nobody has ever turned up, many excuses from customer service, staff shortages, council permits required, cable needs replacing etc etc. how does anybody know his when they haven't been to the property. Even had the council turned up to confirm NO permit was required!

6 weeks later we still don't have broadband and as a homeworker I have been forced to go to friends house to work. Completely unacceptable!!.

Does anybody know who i can escalate too? Any local UK offices I can call as Im getting nowhere!!

12 REPLIES 12

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mulroys, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry for your experience when chatting with the team, we appreciate this must be frustrating and will ensure feedback is sent.

On checking the account notes, we can see that the team were able to provide you with an update on the work. 

If this is not the case or you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat

Thats the one thing I’m not getting is updates!! The appointment has been and gone for 4 days this week again with no work actually taking place. The lack of communication quite frankly is shocking. I have checked the order status each day and it says the work will happen, this was due Tuesday, then Wednesday and again today and nothing has still happened..

I’m at the end of my tether and seriously contemplating cancelling the order after being a loyal customer for last 10+ years. The communication is so poor, frankly non existent unless we chase on a daily basis and are told it will happen today and never does!!

Stephen

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry about this Stephen, we'll do all we can to clear things up & push things along if you get back to me via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom