Menu
SkippyWalnuts
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre-Move Installation

I'm moving all my furniture into my new flat this Saturday, but ahead of time, booked for an engineer to come to install broadband and TV on the Friday. Since my TV won't actually be at the property until the following day, will the engineer be happy to finish without testing on the TV? I'm happy to do it myself, but if it's a problem, please let me know

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Move Installation

Have you got a "spare" TV you can move in on Friday?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SkippyWalnuts
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've got a small old TV which is more of a glorified DVD player in a screen - is there any connector-types / cabling I will need to ensure it works?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Probably not good enough. It needs HDMI connection to the V6.
I would just take my main TV to the new house on Friday and get it set up properly there and live without TV at your current address for on Friday evening - go to the pub 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SkippyWalnuts
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not sadly that simple - it's a pretty large TV and I won't have access to a car that day. Does that mean the engineer wouldn't be able to do the setup?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Someone with more knowledge will comment - but I am guessing that they will go through the BB installation but of course wont be able to fully setup/test the V6 (?) TV connection - so will probably leave it as a "self install" with you to do after you move in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

SkippyWalnuts
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos