cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Installation Process - Multiple Failed Attempts

LauraM20
Joining in

Hi Everyone, 

Wondering if anyone can help, we are having lots of issues with our Virgin Media installation.

1. Signed up in October 2021 for Internet services. Original date of installation (manned) was 21st November with pre-install happening beforehand (external cabling). 
  2. Survey done and first engineer visit, couldn't do it as needed permit. 
  3. Waited 5 weeks for permit, scheduled for 14th December. Nobody arrived. Engineers arrived today (21st) and have not been able to complete as need another permit for a block 

Can't get through to anyone on the phone to help provide any clarity on the process, timescales and what we are actually waiting for. Does anyone have the correct number  or any advice on this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, LauraM20,

Sorry to hear that you install hasn't gone as planned. We do schedule the dates with the expectations of having to do very minimal external work to get you connected. Unfortunately this is not so in some cases and depending on the scale of the external work there maybe required permits, however if they have not be received in time then unfortunately it can lead to further delays, and we can only apologise.

Cheers,

Corey C

JBe
On our wavelength

Hi Laura

Check out my posts on this - small consolation that you're not alone perhaps.   

There does seem to be a huge void in their internal communication process, especially when the sub-contracted pre-pull teams need to get involved

Like you I have also spend many hours wasted being passed around their (Indian?) call centre where it just feels like any issue and they want to make false promises to get your issue off their plate.    

Customer trying to find ways to fix VM's inherent problems ....shouldn't be allowed to happen in this day & age.

Good luck

Hi Corey, 

Thanks for the welcome. Appreciate your comment below, but we are still waiting for our installation. This is the second time we have been told that we are waiting for a permit and the works are still pending since November. I've been advised again that the pre-install will take place this week but the app just continually updates and pushes pre-install to the next day and the works are still not done. I've been advised that the installation will take place on Monday afternoon but without pre-install having been done I don't see how that can happen.  

Can you provide a contact number for the pre-install so I can get confidence this will happen. Failing that your complaints department contact details. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LauraM20

Sorry to hear about this, our pre install team can be contacted on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to provide further insight on the situation. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs