cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Installation Delay....Delay

sadie2109
Tuning in

Purchased broadband 05/03/22 and was informed that it would be Installed on 23/03/22. Two sub contractors appeared on 22/03/22 to I assume carry our pre install works, but then just drove off after a quick **bleep** and a peruse....

7pm that night, our install has been delayed until 08/04/22. Doesn't matter who I speak to or how many times, no one can do anything to help us, just false promises and imaginary "priority lists". It does seem that as with most people, the issue lies with VMs excellent choice of sub-contractors, turning up less than 24hrs before install in the hope then can do the bare minimum? 

I fear for the worst reading what's happened to people on this forum - can someone please advise me or provide a best solution for this abysmal performance?

Many Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
FYI - re VM’s installation “issues”- see this and John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sadie2109,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear your install has been delayed, appreciate this isn't a great start!

There are many external factors beyond our control that can cause this.

I have taken a look at our systems and the install is still scheduled for 8th April and a work order for the pre-pull for 1st April.  

Please do keep us posted on how things go next week and we can offer further support if needed. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

Thank you for the reply.

We have now had the 1st an 2nd cancelled and its jumped to the day before install ( 7th April)

I don't hold out much hope, why is happening and can you assist in anyway?

Ryan

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear this @sadie2109. Please join me on private message so that we can look into this further. I'll be able to raise a complaint and assign this to the install team for them to investigate why your installation has been delayed. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley