cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Install Help

jamiek1304
Joining in

Placed an order for broadband and TV at the end of March, with an original installation date of 18th April booked in.

Engineer came that day but the external works had not been completed. He did what was required internally and said once the external works were complete we would be up and running. He spoke to his manager and said the work would be done the next day as a priority. Order/appointment appeared on my account and this has just rolled on every day since, with no works taking place.

I have rung up pretty much every day, where I receive absolutely zero information, just getting told it is scheduled for today. I have been told several times ‘it will be 100% definitely completed today’, which obviously hasn’t been the case. 

I have spoken to managers etc. and got nowhere, with them unable to give me a definitive date as it is a sub contractor. 
I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. We currently have no internet and I work from home, so have been having to find other places to work. 

Is there anyone I could contact directly? As going through the usual call centre is pointless.

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@jamiek1304 

you might well want to spend a bit of time reading through some of the other threads in this section detailing stories which sound like rejected scripts for 'The Twilight Zone' of installations messed up, or massively delayed or even cancelled outright with no warning. All of which is accompanied by zero communication from the company itself. When it goes even slightly wrong then the entire process becomes a shambles of Biblical proportions.

OK; set yourself a deadline (say next Wednesday) and if there has been no progress, then start looking around for alternative suppliers.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jamiek1304 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your installation date has been delayed and you've not been able to get a definitive response.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf and raise a complaint.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R