Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Pre-Install Cabling Issue

Hello,

We are moving house, and I rang to start the install process but informed them no one is living at the property. I requested that they cannot start the work until they ring me up first as it takes me 40mins drive to get there.

We got told that the work would be carried out on the 11th and then activation would be the 13th.

I visted the property on the 8th, to find a hi vis jacket left on my property, botch up job on the wiring. When the cabling was run from the road to my house,its gone into next door property then under the fence panel and then into my front garden and dug into the grass and made a complete mess of it, then installed the brown box on the property randomly where I do not want it as i know where it should be located as i know where the wire has to be installed and where i want the router to be installed. Therefore it needs to be on the opposite side of the house.

I have rang up to report the issue and always seem to get india or Philippines and get passed around. The only option is to the rentention department to get someone speaking english but they cannot help as im not activated and im at status of pre activation.

They did inform me that I should request that a ops manager should attend my property but I am struggling to get that to happen.

I have taken photo evidence to which can be supplied to the relevant department.

The frustrating part is I have 2 family members currently with virgin and even they had issue on the pre install. It appears your pre install team are just incompetent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Install Cabling Issue

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @MikeGSD

Welcome to our Community and for your first post; I am sorry to understand that there has been some issues with your cabling and construction work needed on your new home. 

Whilst we will attempt to call before a visit, this is not always possible and I can only apologise that you were advised this could be done. 

The OMNI box will be placed at the best location possible for the external cabling; it is not always possible to place this where the customer would prefer it; however, I am sorry that the workmanship of the cabling has not been up to the standard we would expect and that they have caused issues with your garden and property. 

In order to investigate this further for you and ensure feedback is given to the technicians in question, I'll need to pop you a Private Message so we can take some information from you and pass security. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thanks in advance

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have done as requested and provided the info.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @MikeGSD

I have located the account and can see that we have already been contacted this morning and another visit has already been arranged. 

Please do let me know how that visit goes and if needed, we can escalate even further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

• No one has been in contact to inform me that someone will be out and no one has given me a time frame. As I said they need to ring me before attending the property as it takes me 40mins to arrive there. And as previously mentioned I'm use to VM service half the time they say they come and don't and when they say they won't come they do. I can't waste a full day staying at a property when no time slot has been allocated. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We have been contacted by the account holder @MikeGSD - the slot is an all day timeslot and the mobile number has been added to the order; however, as advised in my reply, we're not able to promise or guarantee a call before we arrive; if we did, it would not be possible to call you with that much notice due; I am truly sorry. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I've had several engineers ring me to tell they are on the way, it's normally exactly that - they are on the way and will be there in about 10 mins. They can't usually give any more advance notice than this as they don't know how long jobs are going to take, and the engineer told me last time that sometimes they have other appointments slotted into their schedule, so they can't promise anything other than "between 8am and 8pm" most of the time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi it has been over 2 weeks now, They have since been out to activate my line. However the trip hazard cable still hasn't been resolved, and even though I am on the M200 speeds are all over the place. Wireless i expect to be hit and miss but even wired the other day it dropped down to 2mbs. Then the other day I see virgin van outside apparently my neighbor has been having issues with there internet for over a month. He knocked on my door to state his tapping into my drop wire to ensure my next door neighbor is without internet as there is an issue with there drop cable. Excuse me but they have not even managed to sort my cable drop out and have the cheek to tap into my box to supply them. The engineers that come out all state oh its been passed onto our managers you will have to wait. You want us to pay for install fees and activation fees but can't even do an install correctly. Therefore its only polite to reimburse the fees and waive them or give us a month free service due to the performance and speed related issues. I would also like to point out that I want my next door neighbors leads out of my brown box and fix both issues separately.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeGSD

Thanks for coming back to us.

My apologies for this. I can see that you or someone in the household has spoke to the team today. What was the resolution of this please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos