cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Enablement Team

Ceebs-No8
Tuning in

Does anyone have a contact number for the pre-enablement team.  Someone that can actually help and advise me who isn’t just reading from a script.  My installation has been pushed back for the second time - both times the night before it was due.  I need construction work in my drive so it can happen but despite having a rolling appointment for this showing on the app, it doesn’t happen and the date just refreshes.  Someone did appear for s few minutes yesterday but disappeared without doing anything.  The construction need was known a few days before the first date and apparently the BAU construction team asked for the second date in order to do it.  Clearly they didn’t.  Now, no-one will tell me why it has been delayed except to cite the construction work.  They just don’t seem capable of answering the direct question - why hasn’t the construction work been done and when will it be.  My new date is nearly 3 weeks away but it is really frustrating when you can’t speak to anyone who can explain exactly what will happen and when.  No idea if anything will be different come the new date and no way of getting anyone to keep me updated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

good questions - answer re likely that no one knows - VM put the work to outside contractors who 'may' then outsource it to someone else - the systems are not joined up and no one seems capable of talking to each other

someone turning up and moving on like summer snow is typical - they may even talk to you if you get to them - tell you all thats going to happen and then leave at speed to not have to do the jib

it does not help you but the record on here is 12 months from order to install

the best advice that can be given is go with it - if there is another provider look at them on a monthly basis - look at a 4g/5g sim and wait for VM - the thing not to do is cancel - if you do that then the systems do talk to each other and the work order will be cancelled so if you want VM in the future you are back to square one

so whatever you do let the install happen - if you have gone elsewhere you have 14 days at no cost to cancel VM

if you let it run you should be able to claim some compensation but you might have to fight to get it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

good questions - answer re likely that no one knows - VM put the work to outside contractors who 'may' then outsource it to someone else - the systems are not joined up and no one seems capable of talking to each other

someone turning up and moving on like summer snow is typical - they may even talk to you if you get to them - tell you all thats going to happen and then leave at speed to not have to do the jib

it does not help you but the record on here is 12 months from order to install

the best advice that can be given is go with it - if there is another provider look at them on a monthly basis - look at a 4g/5g sim and wait for VM - the thing not to do is cancel - if you do that then the systems do talk to each other and the work order will be cancelled so if you want VM in the future you are back to square one

so whatever you do let the install happen - if you have gone elsewhere you have 14 days at no cost to cancel VM

if you let it run you should be able to claim some compensation but you might have to fight to get it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony - it’s so frustrating when you can’t speak to someone who actually knows and can help.  It really feels like you are just a number to them - not sure anyone actually cares whether you become a customer or not!

You have to laugh when you do speak to someone.  Despite not yet being a customer and being obviously unhappy with the service, every call ends with them asking me if I’d like to earn £50 by recommending Virgin Media to my friends.  Words fail me!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Someone here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/READ-THIS-if-you-are-having-pre-install-i...

advised they had made progress in this kind of situation by making direct contact with the contractor and cutting VM out of the process altogether!

Might be a possible way forward or may only add further confusion to the already-mangled and dysfunctional VM installation processes so proceed at your own risk if you decide to give it a go!

lordcrash101
Tuning in

I am having the same issue as you are, currently 8 months from order and I am still waiting. Did you manage to get anywhere with your installation?

Hi @lordcrash101 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your installation.

Have you been provided with information as to why there is a delay, and possibly a further update about when things will be installed for you?

If there is external works that need to be done, this can cause significant delays due to things like obtaining council permits, although I'm unsure if this applies to you in this instance - please let me know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes - it got installed at the 4th date and I got compensation for the delay.  All good in the end!