Menu
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Power supply for the internal box ( not hub)

Good day everyone, we got VM installed yesterday and the technician plugged the power supply for the fibre box, not the hub, into the mains as it requires power. We're now short of a socket on that side of the room. I'd like to plug it into the same extension lead as the TiVo, TV etc is that a problem? Can it be done? He said it must have power which it will. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power supply for the internal box ( not hub)

Go for it.

Don't forget ALL VM boxes need activating before they will work.

Hopefully yours will be pre-activated and will just need half an hour or so from powering up to be get fully registered and activated.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Andy151
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah we've got all the services up and running, but wanted to take it out the mains and put it on an extension lead

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Changing to an extension lead will not affect your internet, it will work on an extension just as good as directly into the mains, it may take a few moments when switching the mains to be back up and running.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks