Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Power light flashing green with QuickStart

Hello, I was wondering if someone on here can help. I ordered Virgin Broadband with QuickStart. I have a solid green WiFi light and a blinking green power light. whenever I try to get support online or on the phone I just get redirected to the setup guide. They won’t answer the phone or reply to my text messages.It feels like Virgin have take my money, sold me a product that isn’t working and done a runner; rather than being available to provide support to get its working. I understand call centres are down because of covid but if Virgin can’t sell a product and provide adequate support, perhaps Virgin shouldn’t sell the product until call centres can open again. I’m hoping that someone here can help so that I don’t have to cancel the package and go somewhere else. I was really excited to be with Virgin. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power light flashing green with QuickStart

Did the activate the router? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I had a text message saying that they’ve sent the signal and I’m ready to set everything up 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

try them again for activation - they should try again - if that does not work or you are convinced it was done the first time then you have a cable fault i would guess

that can be you - do you have the internal box and is it in good condition - if it is trace the cable back to the external box and again is that ok - post some photos - if again you think everything is ok you need a tech - the cable in the cab could be disconnected

add as much info as you can and VM here should get a tech booked

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your help

I have a suspicion it’s the old Virgin box on the wall that was installed before we moved in 4 years ago.

Ideally, I’d like to be able to contact Virgin to confirm that they sent the signal out or to resend it but they won’t pickup. I was on hold for an hour yesterday before the call dropped.

I wouldn’t want to get an engineer out for no reason, but it doesn’t seem like I’d be able to contact them to get hold of them anyway. Maybe I’ll try the cancellation route. They might pickup

all the cables are fine though and checked. Perhaps I’ve got a funky hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

why do you suspect the internal box - is it damaged - it has an isolator in it and that may be faulty but its rare i think

post a few photos - if possible take the cover off and see if the isolator is connected - again post some photos

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tony, thank you so much for your help. I finally managed to get someone on the phone and they’re sending out an engineer next week!

fantastic service when you can get through and this community is unlike anything I’ve experienced with a utility company before! 

its amazing!

i’ll post an update after the engineer has come to share what the issue was so that it might help other people or confirm your suspicions 🙂

thank you 

0 Kudos