cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power adaptors wrong size

Hector99
Joining in

QuickStart! I’m losing the will to live. So the power adaptors for my VM4 and 360box are too big, the coax cable also has fallen to bits. So new coax cable ordered but without power I’m unable to use the 360 box  I’ve tried buying some jack lead adaptors at B&Q and Curry’s without success, can someone from VM help please. 

Thank  you 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont connect any cheap cable tat you buy from a 3d party it will introduce "noise" and mess up your neighbour's connections.  i hope you are sourcing it from VM?

Call back in and tell them you need a Tech to come and install it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks Bernard 

Apologies John 🙈

Hi there @Hector99, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you have had issues with the adapters being too big. I have checked our system and can see you have since been in touch with the team. Have they been able to arrange a tech visit for you so this can be rectified?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan I’ve booked a technician.

Hello again Hector99

Can you please let us know how the visit went unless we have not been out yet? 

Gareth_L

Virgin techie coming later today to sort the power leads. The requested coax cable has been received although they sent an HDMI in error so good job I’ve been shopping to purchase a load of these items, very very fed up 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hector99

Thanks for the reply

My apologies for the inconvenience, how did your tech visit go? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi the Virgin technician managed to get the 360 entertainment box working however it required new power lead (as jack lead connectors didn't fit), new coax cable as other fell apart, new 360 box, new remote control handset but seems to be working now.  It's all been a bit of a palaver