cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Broadband Customer but need to solve a technical issue

Festivali
Tuning in

I have been trying for a while to become a Virgin Broadband customer.  However there is an issue which means I need to get past all the automated services if that is going to happen.

When I put my address in the postcode checker it says that no service is available to my address.  But a full service is available to my neighbour (1 floor below me).  In fact my neighbour has Virgin Broadband,  the cable runs through my garden and passes about 8 feet from my door.  Having investigated it seems the Virgin postcode finder decides that any address with the suffix A or B after the number can not receive service in my area.  I presume this must be a mistake and I am sure if it were checked by a site visit or similar, it could be resolved.

However,  trying to find someone at Virgin to check this out has proved impossible.  You either need an account number to get through to the tech team or you are sent round in circles by the various bots that do not recognise this problem.

Does anyone have an email address or another form of contact to the technical department or someone who may be able to help resolve this. 

10 REPLIES 10

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Happy to check this for you

I’ll pop over a private message to take some details.

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Festivali
Tuning in

Hi

Does anyone have any further suggestions about making direct contact with the technical team at Virgin?  Following the message above from Christy I sent my details but sadly never heard any more.

Hi Festivali,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you still haven't been able to get any further information, what was advised by Christy_D?

Regards

Paul.

I received a DM asking for the following:

Thanks for reaching out to us.  For me to check this I’ll first of all need the full address and postcode.  Then your name and number as we’ll need to contact you to get resolved.

I sent the details requested but never heard anything else I'm afraid.

Thanks for coming back to us @Festivali, have you heard anything since Friday?

Regards,

Steven_L

No,  I've heard nothing since the original message from Christy 2 weeks ago.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Has @Christy_D  not responded back via a PM yet ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No.  Received a PM from @Christy_D 2 weeks ago to which I replied,  nothing from anyone at VM since.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They should see this post and respond as soon as (assuming they are in work ATM).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.