cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postponig installation

ananthahari
Just joined

Hi, Unknowingly I have taken virgin connection. they supposed install on 23/11/2021 but not yet done. keep on postponing. now cable laying went to 04/12/2021 and installation on 07/12/2021 and one more appointment on 18/12/2021 not sure for what? while selling package, based on their assurance,  I have canceled existing service. As they failed to install as committed, I have been forced knock the door of existing provider with double of the previous monthly cost as the service is a must to continue my WFH. Is any one in this forum who got services on promised date? if they fail once again what I have to do?

Note:VIrgin sales team, my polite request you not to sell any service if you are unable to keep your words.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A small number of installations degenerate into a shambles. When that happens - like here - just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel any other service.

Rather than the previous supplier, can you get a 4G contract from the like of "Three". They have some good deals on at the moment which are monthly contracts

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @anathahari 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your install. 

It is sometimes out of our control the delays to the install, there can be things like blocked ducts that wouldn't be flagged until the install was due to take place. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Always treat Virgin's installation dates as estimates. They are often moved back repeatedly to keep you hanging on.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ananthahari

I am really sorry.  My colleague Zak has advised you correctly in regards to not being able to foresee the issue that arose.  Are you familiar with this?

Regards

Lee_R