Menu
Goonerpaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Postcode checker possibly wrong?

Hi, 

I have been a customer for 15 years and am going to be moving house soon.

the house we are buying shows up in the postcode checker as not available, but at the end of the driveway there is a small box with Virgin media stamped on it!

I would very much like to keep my service going when I finally move as had great service for a number of years now!

how can I find out if the new house can actually receive the service?

looks to me like it’s just a matter of running the cable to the house?

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Postcode checker possibly wrong?

Hey @Goonerpaul,

Many thanks for your post, it's great to hear you're wishing to continue your services with us.

In this case, our field team would be able to send a 'spotter' to the new property to check whether this is possible to service.

It's not something we can look further into via the forums, but our Sales Team will be able to assist with this if you give them a call on 0800 183 1234.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Goonerpaul
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I spoke to the moving team this morning who told me it was not possible to connect my new address with no explication. I wanted to point out a few things that might not be on the computer/database.

there is a “Toby” box at the end of what will be my block paved driveway, I am happy to arrange for this to be dug up (at my expense) to lay a cable/conduit so that the house can connected.

when I specifically asked about a spotter I was told no, with no explanation.

the house is approx 110meters away from a gray VM cabinet. As measured by Google maps.  There are houses connected that are further away.

why does no one at virgin want to explain why I can’t be connected, or even willing to discuss the matter?

everything that needs groundwork (eg digging up) will be under my ownership.

I have been a happy customer for over 15 years so to say I’m a little disappointed is an understatement.

To be honest it just doesn’t not make any sense! I would have thought you would want to retain customers! 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Goonerpaul,

Thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry that you've not had the best experience with this. There is no guarantee that we will be able to service the property, but I would like to help and see if there's anything we can do.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this for you.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
Goonerpaul
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you have sent you the details along with some pictures of various bits in the reply.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Morning Goonerpaul,

Thanks for your PM.

As soon as I do have an update for you I will let you know. The team have assured me that they're currently looking into it for you.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
ashleypenny
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If it’s any consolation our front door has a virgin manhole outside our front gate and all the roads around ours have virgin but ours doesn’t. Had many spotter requests and no one has ever given any info, and always been told “not in plans”

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley

I have sent over a private message so we can look into this for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Goonerpaul,

Hope you had a nice Christmas and go on to enjoying the new year!

I've spoken with the team looking into this on your behalf as discussed via PM - I'm afraid that we do not have a scheduled date for the survey yet. All I know is that it will be completed sometime between January - March 2022. However they have advised me that as this is a site survey, the residents will not need to be in during the survey.

Kind regards

Beth
0 Kudos
Goonerpaul
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know I found a contact within virgin who was able to help and get me connected in a matter of days!