cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode Checker Update Request

gap84
Up to speed

Hi

I have recently joined VM, but my address was down as '1' in the system whereas it should have been '1A' (1 was knocked down and multiple homes built). 

I spoke to customer services and apparently now changed on my account (although can't actually see this anywhere yet...), but the postcode checker still does not have the correct address, and noone seems able to answer how this can also be updated.  Keen to ensure it is updated so that any requests in the future do not go to the incorrect address etc.  Could someone from the Forum Team please help in getting this updated?

Many thanks!
gap

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi gap84, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

It looks as though the previous agent you spoke to raised this with the correct team. This has gone over to our housefiles team to be updated. 

Once things have been updated, the online postcode checker should also update. This can sometimes take up to 28 days though. 

Let us know if you have any further issues 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked that the Post Office post code checker is correct. This is the source of most other post code checkers, it’s often how quickly they are updated.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor,

The post office checker has this correct (and most other sites do) as the address was created 2.5 years ago. 

If I go to the postcode checker (https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker) it only has '1', if I click on 'Can't find your address', I can then select '1a', but it then just goes to a form instead of recognising that I can (and do!) have services.

Thanks,
gap

Hi gap84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with your address.

I can certainly double check that we have the correct details for you however we will need to confirm some information with you to do this. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi gap84, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message. 

It looks as though the previous agent you spoke to raised this with the correct team. This has gone over to our housefiles team to be updated. 

Once things have been updated, the online postcode checker should also update. This can sometimes take up to 28 days though. 

Let us know if you have any further issues 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Fantastic , many thanks for checking and will keep an eye on it in a few weeks time. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all @gap84, glad Kath was able to help. 

Any issues, please let us know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks, can confirm the address is now showing in the checker which is great!

The only issue is the '1' is still showing in the checker - is there another process to have this removed, as it no longer exists?

Thanks!
gap

Thanks for coming back to us @gap84, we will seek to have this rectified for you, and I'll liaise with @Kath_F for further information

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi gap84, 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one. 

I can confirm the House Files team have now removed number 1. I have double checked this today and it's no longer there 🙂

Please let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team