Port forwarding

woodenbelly
On our wavelength

New hub 5 

Can't port forward 

Why?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi woodenbelly, sorry to hear of your port forwarding issues with the hub 5. Thank you to Newapollo for offering some insight and support - were you able to check out this thread and try the fix advised? 

Let us know how you are getting on!

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @woodenbelly 

The following post by @zeem may be helpful

/Hub-5-Port-Forwarding 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi woodenbelly, sorry to hear of your port forwarding issues with the hub 5. Thank you to Newapollo for offering some insight and support - were you able to check out this thread and try the fix advised? 

Let us know how you are getting on!

All the best. 

Molly

Had a look at the post and it did not work for me.

So I spent 85 minutes on the phone with Virgin media who insisted that I need to reset my router even although I have done this many times I am now the proud owner of an old hub 3 and all my port forwarding rules are complete and both of my servers can do the job they were designed to do.

Shame on virgin media for pushing a product on customers with so many flaws.

Great if you want plug and play out the box but if you need to add manual port forwarding rules then ask for a hub 3 it works

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Shame on virgin media for pushing a product on customers with so many flaws.”

My understanding was that the Hub5 was by invitation only and you had to accept the invite. Hardly pushing in onto customers.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

woodenbelly
On our wavelength

Who would say no to a free upgrade 

The router should have been tested before general release even an invite only release 

No mention of the limitations of the software 

As I said great for anybody who wants an upgrade along with plug n play because that's all it's good for