cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poorly installed cable.

bland450
Tuning in

Hi, I moved into a house 6 months ago and there is a cable installed to a neighbours house that is stretched across from my garage roof to a wall over 5 meters. In a green conduit it looks awful. It was installed while the house was empty across my land and virgin media as far as i know didn't obtain permission. I have asked virgin media to reinstall it as it looks so bad. They have told me that it is a chargeble call out because its over 30 days since it was installed and they think my neighbour will ring them up and ask them to re route the cable even though there is a charge. I feel really frustrated. Virginedia should fix this because it is bad workmanship. Anyone know what my options are? I can send pictures of the install if required.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi @bland450
Do you want to join me on private message and I'll see what I can do? You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Would be nice to have an update on this not heard anything from virgin media for a couple of weeks. 

Hi @bland450

I have replied to your private message. As soon as I have an update for you, I will let you know via private message. I did send that chaser email so I'm on the look out for an email from the team today. Apologies for the delay. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

i assume the contact was to the AFM - they come from good to rubbish - i make no other comment on that

i hope the OP has patience or wire cutters - the latter would concentrate minds although not the solution of choice

Tony.
Sacked VIP

bland450
Tuning in

Still Waiting 2 months on.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

it looks like you will continue to wait to me - they are playing the usual game - ignore you and you will go away

its over your garage and across your land without permission - if it broke they would get someone out as your neighbour would report the fault

your call

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Send them an invoice for the rental of your land 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bland450,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing cable issue. We understand how frustrating this must be for you.

I can see that my colleague updated you on this issue recently. Once they have any further updates, they will get in touch. I do apologise if this is taking some time to resolve.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z Why does it take so long? It was installed it quick enough.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@bland450 wrote:

Hi @Paulina_Z Why does it take so long? It was installed it quick enough.

because those who will do the work are ignoring you - thats the way it works - as i said if the cable was damaged/broke they would be out quick enough - it works why should they care its a problem to you

as i said your call - nothing will happen as it is

Tony.
Sacked VIP